Wednesday 21 July 2010
//BROWN OR FROWN?//



















Okay, hands in the air. I admit it brown fans. I have never been much of a brown kind of guy. I have always tended to favour shades of grey and navy and especially for my A/W clothes such as knits and heavier, woollen trousers. However, brown has well and truly captured my heart for the coming A/W season through its camel/tan guise throughout Chloe’s stunning 70’s-esque collection as well as making an appearance at Celine and 3.1 Phillip Lim.


There is just something about browny shades that I can’t quite put my finger on that previously just has neither appealed to me nor suggested an air of style and sophistication. Howbeit, I have been totally bowled over and converted by the collections featuring browny tones (specifically the Chloe collection which I cannot put into words how much I loved and wished every woman dressed like).




The great news for me is that my newly beloved brown was also prevalent throughout the menswear collections with notable mentions going to 3.1 Phillip Lim, Kenzo (where every shade from maroon to beige was on show) and Burberry. Just a quick note to say if anyone would love to buy me a camel coat from Burberry it would me much appreciated….no….no…anyone….ok, we shall continue (if not a little heartbroken you cruel, cruel people).


So far I have been thinking that I will be making a beeline for some camel/tan sweaters for a simple, casual sweater/grey trousers look and possibly a camel suit (or blazer) if I happen to stumble across the perfect one. What do you guys think of brown? Where does it rank in your list of favoured colours? What and how will you be wearing it this A/W?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment